I began a new theme yesterday “UP-WORDS AND ON-WORDS” and I also said I would report any instances from what I spoke on and prayed about. Well at Gateway Christian Centre we have a ‘Gateway free to a good home’ site and someone asked for a Christmas tree and decorations. So I posted that I’d get one for them and I have secured a tree for them for next week! I could’ve ignored the need, but because of what I’d read, written and prayed about, I saw this as the divine appointment and opportunity I had prayed about! So faith with action brings results.
This morning I’m staying with James as I love His book especially alongside the books of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes. So here’s my memory and meditation verse for today.
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. James 1:5 New Living Translation (NLT)
If any of you lacks wisdom [to guide him through a decision or circumstance], he is to ask of [our benevolent] God, who gives to everyone generously and without rebuke or blame, and it will be given to him. James 1:5 Amplified Bible (AMP)
- ‘If you need wisdom!’ Hmm, in this day and age I think we all needs lots of wisdom. God is the source of all wisdom and we find these pearls of wisdom not only in His word but through His Spirit if His Spirit is in us?! [But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit.] 1 Corinthians 12:7 & 8
- I certainly have need of wisdom [to guide him through a decision or circumstance], there are plenty of these especially work and ministry direction and guidance! So I am certainly praying much for wisdom in my decisions!
- We have a generous and benevolent God and Father, so He is more than willing to give His unction of wisdom to those who ask Him for it. Note the word ASK! That’s all it takes, but oh so many of us choose not to! But why?
- Possibly because we feel it’s too trivial a thing to bother God with, but the Bible clearly teaches that God gives us wisdom if we ask for it. Just think of Solomon’s prayers for wisdom. Just read Proverbs. It’s clear God gives wisdom generously.
- We’re perhaps afraid He’ll tell us off if we keep asking. [Without rebuke or blame]. If you had an upbringing as I did, where if I kept asking ‘why?’ Or ‘what does that mean?’ Or what’s happening there?’ I used to get told of for keep asking questions or told I’m stupid! So it’s no wonder we are a little reluctant to keep on keeping on to God for much daily, no hourly wisdom! But our generous and loving God doesn’t scold us for keep on asking, no He just keeps on giving. Remember Jesus said ‘ask and you shall receive’. However, our English translation doesn’t do what Jesus say’s any justice. The tense of the Greek is KEEP ON KEEPING ON ASKING, KEEP ON KEEPING ON SEEKING AND KEEP ON KEEPING ON KNOCKING!’ And remember the ‘double effect! Ask Seek and Knock spells ASK!
PRAYER ABBA FATHER. THANK YOU THAT YOU LOVE AND CARE FOR ALL OF YOUR CHILDREN. I DAILY, HOURLY AND EVERY SECOND NEED WISDOM TO OPPERATE AND SURVIVE IN THIS WORLD. I ACKNOWLEDGE YOU AS THE TRUE SOURCE OF WISDOM, AND SO I ASK FOR WISDOM IN EVERY AREA OF MY LIFE. EVERY CHOICE AND EVERY DECISION. AS I GO ABOUT MY BUSINESS TODAY I WANT TO MAKE IT YOUR BUSINESS TOO. AS I DO STUFF AT THE HOUSE, AS I DO A GIG THIS AFTERNOON, AS I CONCLUDE TODAYS POST, MAY I EXERCISE WISDOM SO THAT ALL WHO READ THIS AND ALL I INTERACT WITH TODAY ARE MUTUALLY BENEFITED. IN JESUS’ NAME. AMEN
I feel I have a word for someone who’s going to read this post and it’s this:
‘Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life’. Proverbs 13:12 New Living Translation A longing or desired result has not manifested itself though you have prayed for it and longed for it for a long time. You feel sick at heart when you think about it, it’s like heart cramps with butterflies and the worst is that you’re saying to yourself I’m getting no younger and I may not have the strength or desire to do this soon. God say’s look at Caleb, then do as He did. Look up to the hill country and battle for it. But God say’s look firstly to the mountain which is ‘I’ and desire only me first and the rest shall be added unto you in it’s season and in it’s time.