January 20th 2017 [Day 20]
This is the boldness which we have toward him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he listens to us. And if we know that he listens to us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions which we have asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15 World English Bible
This is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. So if we know that He hears whatever we ask, we know that we have whatever we asked of Him. Modern English Version
This is the [remarkable degree of] confidence which we [as believers are entitled to] have before Him: that if we ask anything according to His will, [that is, consistent with His plan and purpose] He hears us. And if we know [for a fact, as indeed we do] that He hears and listens to us in whatever we ask, we [also] know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted to us] the requests which we have asked from Him. AMP
Just picking up from the last few days teaching, here I believe is the clincher in prayer! That God answers every prayer if we pray according to His will or in agreement with His will, literally ‘pray His word back to Him!’ It says so above!
- This is the confidence that we have: Would you like to pray confident and bold prayers? Then pray God’s promises back to Him! He wants to hear them from us so He can answer them! Remember THE LAW OF AGREEMENT! It works also as we come into agreement with God and His word!
- That if we ask anything according to His will. His will not ours! Why, because He knows what’s best. Jesus didn’t want to face the cup of suffering before Him, yet He prayed “your will be done Father, not mine”. The cross [the cup of suffering which was the will of the Father] was horrific to Jesus to have to face, but the Father knew it was the only way, the best way in the long term, and so Jesus says ‘not my will but yours be done!’
- He hears us. Do you want to be absolutely sure, confident and certain that God will hear your prayers? Then pray His word, His promises, His will be done. You find them in the Bible and He promises always to hear us pray them. His word [His will] overcomes the flesh, the world and the devil, and we activate and release His promises when we pray them! So you can see why He wants us to pray them.
- And if we know that He hears and listens to us in whatever we ask. Again, how do we know He hears us and listens to us in whatever we ask? We know when we pray His word, His will, His promises back to Him. I.e. ‘God my Father, your word says…………..hear your word Lord and answer it, amen’.
- We know that we have whatever we asked of Him. There we have it! How do we know He hears us? WE PRAY HIS PROMISES! And how do we know we have what we ask? BECAUSE WE PRAYED HIS PROMISE AND HE ALWAYS HEARS AND ANSWERS THEM.
So, go pray with confidence! I’ll finish with some words from J John’s book ‘God’s priorities’. “God is willing and able, but that doesn’t mean He will automatically answer OUR prayers in the way we want Him to. Most of us would be in trouble if all OUR prayers had been answered. God knows what is best or us and just as a father does not give a child everything that he or she asks for, so God doesn’t always just sign [or stamp] ‘Approved’ at the end of all our prayers! To use modern legal language, we could say ‘God reserves the right to answer prayer requests in such a way as to be in our best long-term interest.’ Anyone who has been a Christian for any length of time can think of prayers they made about which they can now say, with a shudder of relief ‘Thank you Father, for not answering that one!”
PRAYER: Spend some time thanking Father God for the prayers He has answered and for the ones He didn’t! Then find a Bible promise and fulfill any conditions and expect the promise to be fulfilled by the Lord.